The Provincial Health Officer has ordered that “…all individuals, places of work and businesses within the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions must significantly reduce social interactions.
The order is in effect from November 7, 2020 at 10:00 pm
For the period of the order we will be accepting / honouring reservations only for solo sessions or sessions where groups are within the “Core Bubble” as defined by the order. Our business hours are reduced to noon – 10pm (7 days a week), and we will take reservations for lengths of half hour intervals (minimum 1 hour, length of any half hour interval after that). Please include your specific start time and length in the notes of the reversation page when booking online.
We will consider all group sessions booked within this range cancelled without fee unless we hear from the group booking. For those that have booked and prepaid, we will credit your accounts unless you prefer a refund. Please contact us if your group is within a “Core Bubble” and you will be rehearsing as booked, or you prefer a refund for your prepaid session. We hope to return to our normal Covid-19 policy as defined below at the end of the order.
We will be opening our doors for hourly rentals with sessions starting Tuesday, May 19th. We will be taking reservations over the phone and through our online form starting Thursday May 14th.
To keep our staff and customers as safe as possible and to enable social distancing in our space we have had to make some big changes.:
- All studios have a fixed occupancy limit:
- Studio 20: 5 people
- Studio 19: 6 people
- Studios 14 and 15: 4 people
- Studios 17 and 18: 3 people.
- Sessions NO LONGER HAVE FIXED START TIMES
- Safe distance areas are marked on studios floors 2M or more apart.
- Studios are left empty for 25 mins between bookings to allow for cleaning and full air exchange.
- All microphone grills are soaked in disinfectant then scrubbed and the handles are wiped with disinfectant between every use.
- High touch areas on studio equipment, rental equipment, and in the studios are disinfected between sessions.
- We’ve improved the ventilation – All our studios have always had independent air supplies. We have increased the airflow and improved the ventilation in all common spaces.
- No people showing symptoms of Covid-19 are allowed on the premises.
- Customers are to wear masks in common spaces. We strongly recommend wearing them in the rooms as well, especially singers.
- The office is for staff only. All contact through the door closest to the vending machines.
- The lobby is closed and gathering in the halls is not allowed.
- We will be offering Prepaid Punch Cards for 4 sessions at a discounted price that will be kept on file in our office.
- All studios have a fixed occupancy limit:
What we need from you to keep people safe and the doors open.
- Bring your own mics if you can (we still provide disinfected microphones if you need them)
- Wear a mask. Please bring your own cloth mask. Using them longer than 2 hours under normal circumstances is not recommended so plan to bring extras as needed. We will have cloth masks available for sale at cost.
- Be on time, but don’t show up early. If you are early, please remain outside the building until your session time.
- End session on time even though there isn’t a band waiting. We need to clean out the rooms and allow time for air exchange.
- Follow personal distancing standards: allow 2 meters between yourself and others.
- Leave room 5 mins after your session ends to avoid overlap in hallways.
- Prepayment by email transfer is requested. For those needing to pay on the date of a session we will be taking credit/debit cards tap only, but only one Payer per group, please.
- Buy our new 4 session punch cards.
- Prepay with an email transfer to email@example.com. Details will be provided in your session’s email confirmation.
- People leaving sessions should yield the hallway to those arriving.
- Take extra care to remember your cables, drum keys, and stuff. We need to clean everything we lend out, but we are still here for you if you do forget something.
- Follow the direction of the staff, they’re working hard so you can jam and this is new for all of us.
- If you gotta go, you gotta go…but you can check the chart below for the best break times when there are no bands loading in or out.
- In order to minimize groups out front, if you are taking a break outside it’s probably best to go for a walk.
That’s it! If we all follow these new guidelines we can have a safe space for everyone to play. Thanks for your understanding and help.